Monday, May 25, 2009

Yoroshiku, ne

Ok, the time has come to bite the bullet and start up a second blog. I had been running my "learning Japanese by trying to translate it word-by-word" series on my original blog - Three Steps Over Japan (AKA - TSOJ). Since TSOJ was intended to be a daily look into my adventures here in Tokyo, there were times when I'd run out of other things to write about and I'd do several pages of the "learning" series in a row. However, it's gotten to the point where it's been over two weeks since the last "learning" posting. I can either stop the postings entirely, or start up a second blog dedicated to them. I'll let you guess what my decision was.

Anyway, welcome to Nihongo Hunter, a blog designed for learning Japanese by going through the process of translating manga or other stuff that catches my interest. This is all done for educational purposes only, and is not intended to violate anyone's copyrights. The copyrights to the original artwork and story belong to their respective creators and/or holders. The copyrights to the translations printed here belong to Curtis H. Hoffmann. Please ask me for permission before reprinting them.

As always, if you like the manga shown here, please buy a copy yourself!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Assumptions:

1) You already have a basic understanding of written Japanese (i.e. - you can read hiragana and katakana). I won't be using romaji much.

2) You have access to an online dictionary, or a Japanese wordprocessor like NJStar, that you can resort to if you don't trust or understand a particular translation I've used.

3) That you at least know about the basic particles - ga, ha, ni, de and to - so I don't have to keep explaining their purpose in the sentence all the time.

4) That you are aware of the difference between the Japanese and Chinese readings of given kanji (onyomi and kunyomi) and that some kanji can have multiple readings based on the context.

5) That there are more assumptions waiting in the wings to be typed up when I think of them.

------------------------------------------------

If you want to know more about me, please swing by Three Steps Over Japan.

じゃ、ね!

No comments:

Post a Comment